Wednesday, August 1, 2012

AUGUST'S FIRST WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE

Happy first day of August, the "hang in there school will be starting soon" month when you will be free to craft! Hopefully you can find time to join us for August's First Wednesday Challenge that starts today, 
TRAVEL
Entering is easy, create a card for a dude involving travel, then use InLinkz below to post your creation. The winner will be announced next Tuesday, August 7th and will receive their choice of three images from 

Since our own Dude is still recovering from surgery and is unable to play along, the Dudettes must share their creations and provide the inspiration all by themselves! 

Meet our Guest Designer for August,
Janet
My name is Janet Babar and I retired early from the NHS, where I worked in Physiotherapy. I have always been interested in making things, encouraged by my Mum, who was a fantastic knitter and my Grandmother who sewed, crocheted and painted. Until a few years ago, I was always knitting and sewing, I even had a knitting machine for a time and designed and made my own garments, but now have no time as making cards has taken over my life (and my long suffering Husband). In 2005 while on holiday in Cuba, I met a wonderful lady who made cards and listening to her talk about it, sparked my interest, she came to stay a few weeks later, took me to a craft shop and the rest is history. She has inspired me since. In February this year I started a blog, and things have just escalated since, I am now on the DT for lejdesigns, Whoopsidaisy, and one I cannot mention yet! When Dude Time Doodles asked me to be the Guest Designer for August I couldn't say no since I love all their fun images. I hope you like my cards that I make for this month and that they inspire you to have a go at the challenges.

That's all for today, now get busy and create something for a dude and think travel

Thank you! 
Dude Time Doodles 
and 

4 comments:

Cally said...

Great challenge - Callyx

CG said...

Wow, I'm always blown away by the DT projects! Thanks for a great challenge :)

CraftyGirl said...

I love all the projects from your DT’s. Thank you so very much for letting me play along with you. See you next time…

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great inspiration from the DT. Thank you for this opportunity. I am in love with your manly stamps. Just found you. And I love it. I hope to get some soon:)
http://tabithaskitchen.blogspot.com/